IP Geolocation API
The IP Geolocation API lets you detect a user's location by IP address. This helps you to determine which language the visitor speaks, which currency to use in payment forms and more data.
You can test the IP Geolocation API with the API Playground:
Authenfication and API key
If you don't have an API key, create one from our registration page. Once you register, you can get an IP Geolocation API key for free! For an overview of our plans, please take a look at our price page.
How to get a Geoapify API key
- Register on Geoapify MyProjects page
- Create a new project.
- Go to the API Keys section. One API key is generated automatically. You can generate multiple API keys per project if required.
- Optionally, you can protect the API key by listing allowed IP addresses, HTTP referrers, origins, and CORS.
- Choose "IP Geolocation API" and an API key to get an URL and programming code.
- Press the "Try" button to execute the API call and get the result object.
Is used to get location information by an IP Address.
Here are IP Geolocation URL examples (click on a URL to test the API):
- Detect IP address and get location:
- Get geographical coordinates for an IP address:
|apiKey||Geoapify API key|
|ip||IP address to lookup. Optional parameter. The IP address is detected automatically when is not set|
To calculate the cost of Geoapify API calls, we use a universal unit called a "credit." We offer a variety of Pricing Plans that cater to the needs of any company. Moreover, we include 3,000 credits per day with a Free account.
Calls to our IP Geolocation API are priced at only 1 credit each.